Install WhatsApp on Windows 7
As everybody knows, WhatsApp is a popular mobile messaging app designed for smartphones — iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia S40, Symbian, Windows Phone and Android. WhatsApp doesn’t support Tablet and PC based gadget even Android or iOS tablet because of phone number requirement. Fortunately there is an Android emulator which is enable us to run WhatsApp on its system — BlueStacks.
BlueStacks called them self as an Android Apps player, which designed specially for running android apps on Computer or PC. BlueStacks support WinXP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Mac OS. With this application we can test thousands of android apps, playing 3D games and chatting through Android messaging apps including WhatsApp. This is how i run WhatsApp on Windows 7 Laptop.
WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia (www.whatsapp.com).
Please note that BlueStacks was not officially supported by WhatsApp even though it is running fine on BlueStacks. This is only for testing purpose, because it suppose to run only on mobile phone and not on Computer or Windows 7 PC, or even laptop or tablet devices. But if you don’t have smartphone or any other supported mobile phone devices, this is a great alternative for you. Now let’s continue to install WhatsApp for Windows 7.
Watch the video
In order to run BlueStacks, a Windows PC must meet the minimum requirement:
- Must be installed using Administrator privilege
- For Windows XP, must be installed with XP SP3 update
- Windows installer must be updated to version 4.5 or above
- Windows must be installed with .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 or above
- Your computer must have At least 2GB RAM
- The default drive is C:\
- VGA must be compatible with BlueStacks
- On BlueStacks official website, download web installer by selecting “Download XP, Vista, Win7 (Beta)” download link.
- Wait patiently because it will take sometime to download and install process will continue afterwards.
- Enable App store access and notification during install.
- It will start in full screen at the beginning, click toggle full screen button to switch to window mode.
- You can also download the official offline installer from this link if you want to install BlueStacks without internet connection.
- To upgrade BlueStacks, simply download the new web installer from BlueStacks website and run the installer.
- Now that BlueStacks installed and running, on its main menu click on search icon and then type WhatsApp and click find.
- Click install button on the first result.
- You’ll be asked to setup 1-click sync (one time setup) to enable app store, press continue.
- Now you need to provide Google account, either Create for new account or Sign in if you already have one.
- When all done and the previous search result appeared, click install again to start installation.
- You will be asked to choose among 3 apps store, select play store (the 3rd columns) and install.
- Run WhatsApp and continue to registration/validation process.
- WhatsApp require a phone number for registration and validation process.
- Select country and fill number with a valid and active phone number or your current mobile phone.
- It will try to send you sms with 6 digit code during validation process.
- If sms verification failed, you will be asked to use call method where machine call your phone and telling you 6 code number.
- Enter validation code carefully because if you fail to fill with the right code, you have to wait for a hour before you can request another code.
- Set a name afterwards and click next button on right top screen to continue.
- To add contacts, click on settings button (bottom right menu) and select manage contacts.
- Or inside WhatsApp, click show menu (bottom 3 lines icon button) and select contacts.
- On screen you’ll see instruction to add contacts.
- Click show menu button and select new contact.
- Don’t forget to add “+” sign and country code before contact number.
- Back to WhatsApp, click on right top button to continue to contact list.
- Select contact to start messaging or chat.
Create Group Chat
- On WhatsApp first menu (not contact list) click Show Menu and click New Group.
- Add icon and set a group name. Click next on top right to continue.
- Add group participants by entering name from your contact.
- When all done, click Create on top right menu to create group.
- You can add max to 50 friends into group chat.
- To add more member, on group chat open menu and select Group Info.
- Select add participants to start adding member.
WhatsApp is now ready for your Windows 7 PC or Laptop. If you close BlueStacks, it will stay on system tray and keep informing for every incoming message as long as your computer connected to internet. Read also about sharing files and photos between BlueStacks and PC, and also change your WhatsApp profile picture using images from PC with DropBox.